- On the Website (including desktop and mobile versions).
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company.
- When you interact with the Company’s advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- When you interact with the Website through third-party social media platforms.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- the Company offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including the Company’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from (or on) the Website.,
- Are minors welcome?
The Company does not collect or solicit any information from anyone under 18-years old or allow people under 18-years old to register for the Website. The Website and its content are not directed at children under 18-years old. In the event that the Company learns that it has collected personal information from a child under 18-years old, the Company will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that the Company might have any information from or about a child under 18-years old, please contact the Company at email@example.com.
2. What types of information does the Company collect about you and how is it collected?
The Company may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, including your full name, username, mailing address, email address, date of birth, credit card information, bank account information, social security number/federal employment identification number, or any other information that the Company collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under law (“personal information ”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, including your age, gender, location, or any other optional information you provide about yourself; or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
The Company collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to the Company.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, the Company’s business partners.
Information You Provide to the CompanyThe information the Company collects on or through the Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filing in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, signing up for an account, purchasing content, or requesting further services. The Company may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or a service.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact the Company.
- Your responses to surveys that the Company might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website or receiving payment from the Company.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (“ posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “ user contributions”). Your user contributions are posted on the Website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may be able to set certain privacy settings for this information by logging into your account, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, the Company cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Thus, the Company cannot and does not guarantee that your user contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.Information the Company Collects through Automatic Data Collection TechnologiesAs you navigate through and interact with the Website, the Company may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about your mobile device and Internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
The Company also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).The information the Company collects automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but the Company may keep it or associate it with personal information the Company collects in other ways or receives from third parties. It helps the Company to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by allowing the Company to:
- Estimate the Website’s audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, thus allowing the Company to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies the Company uses for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies . Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website .
- Web Beacons . Pages of the Website (and the Company’s emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). If you want to learn more about web beacons, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org/web-beacons/ .
- How does the Company use your information?
The Company may use the information that it collects for any of the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, and promote the Website.
- To enable you to access and use the Website, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on, and sharing content.
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices.
- To send transactional messages, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests; providing customer service and support; and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To send promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests, and events.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Website and for marketing or advertising purposes.
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Website, and other illegal activities.
- To personalize the Website content, features, or advertisements.
- To enable you to share content with users you designate.
- With whom does the Company share your information?
The Company may disclose aggregated information about its users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.The Company may disclose personal information that it collects or you provide as described in this policy:
- To the Company’s subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties the Company uses to support its business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them.
- To payment service providers to (a) process payments; (b) prevent, detect, and investigate fraud or other prohibited activities; (c) facilitate dispute resolution such as chargebacks or refunds; and (d) for other purposes associated with the acceptance of credit or debit cards. The Company may share your credit or debit card number with payment service providers or card networks to monitor card transactions at participating merchants and track redemption activity for the purposes of providing card-linked services.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. The Company contractually requires these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the Company discloses it to them. For more information, see What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information .
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the Company when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
The Company may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes or to receive payment from the Company.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- What choices do you have about how the Company uses and discloses your information?
The Company provides you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding its collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update, and delete your account information.
- You may change your choices for subscriptions and newsletters.
- You may choose whether or not to receive offers from the Company.
- You may choose whether you received targeted advertising from the Company or its partners.
- How do you access and correct your information?
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account. For other personal information that the Company holds, the Company will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that the Company correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if the Company is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. The Company may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
- How does the Company protect your personal information?
The Company has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, change, and disclosure. All information you provide to the Company is stored on its secure servers behind firewalls. The Company encrypts all payment transactions using SSL technology.The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where the Company has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. The Company asks you not to share your password with anyone. In addition, the Company urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.